Here in Season 1, we’re taking a Journey through the Old Testament. What exactly is happening in the creation story in Genesis chapter 1? And why is it important to the Bible’s big story? In this episode, Bryan shares four common ways of explaining these 7 days of creation, some issues with each of these, and what the main focus of this narrative is going to be. This is the first of 3 parts looking at Act 1: Creation of the Bible’s Big Story.
- 7 Days that Divide the World: The Beginning According the Genesis and Science by Dr. John Lennox
- Meaning of “day” in Genesis 1, ThirdMill.org
- Evangelical Interpretations of Genesis 1-2 by Vern Poythress
- The Sixth Creation Day: Biblical Support for Old-Earth Creationism (article from Reason to Believe)
- Age of the Earth (Creation.com)
- Young-Earth Creationist View Summarized and Defended (AIG)
- Does Believing in Inerrancy Require One to Believe in Young Earth Creationism? (Norman Geisler)